I have decided to start a blog. I am normally not a "faddish" person, but I am horrible at keeping a journal, and maybe I will be a little better at writing on a blog. Also, I have been able to find some lost friends through their blogs, so maybe some lost friends can find me:)
I have to tell you about yesterday. I have three boys and we are expecting our fourth child in July. Jon is the ward mission leader, so each Sunday he has to go to an one hour meeting. Not too long, right? Well, in the one hour while he was gone, I was busy trying to get dessert made for the missionaries who were coming for dinner right after church. Avery, Anson, and Isaac managed to get into the brown sugar, make a mess of kleenex upstairs, turn Isaac's heater on full blast so that his room was a thousand degrees, and put as many of their toys as could fit into the fish tank (a 30 gallon tank). I have never had a busier and crazier Sunday morning.
Just two days ago, Avery came to me and said, "Mom, we made a mess." I asked him what he meant. He said Anson was getting brown sugar all over Isaac's hair. I went downstairs (I had slipped away for only a few minutes to try and get myself ready for the day) to face the mess, and sure enough, Isaac had brown sugar ALL over his hair, Anson's hands and clothes were a sticky mess, and brown sugar was all over the kitchen. I asked Avery who opened the brown sugar and he said, "I did." Avery is always willing to contribute to the mess and somehow manages to keep himself out of it. Never a dull moment around here:) Can't wait for number four to join the fun.
5 comments:
ALICIA!!! I am so glad that you have a blog. Now I can look at it daily! Congrats on #4..WOW That is awesome. I am expecting my 1st! haha. I have been sick and can't even imagine the craziness with 3 boys and pregnant! You get the mommy award for sure! Love you!
Alicia - craziness is an understatement. More power to you!
Hey Alicia, your brown sugar story reminds me of Daniel's adventure at 1:00am, when he was two. He woke up and decided that he would cut up a cantaloupe (with a very sharp knife), empty the juice container into the shredded cheese and all over the floor.etc... Why is it that the oldest child brings it on...never the youngest of course. Love, Jill
hooray!!!! we should do sunday dinner one of these days! what time does your church start?
Alicia - I so remember those days. I know you won't believe me when I say that these are the best years, but they are. Enjoy!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment