Welcome to the Beck Family Blog where the stories get better and better every time--that is the kids never miss a beat and are always having adventures of some sort. Come join our fun as you experience our grand adventures vicariously through our blog. Enjoy!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Pictures From The Past Few Months

Okay, it's been a little while since we last updated the blog, but we are finally doing it.  The highlights from the pictures include:

Isaac going on the potty (yeah, he's a big boy now!).  Although you don't actually see Isaac, you will see his Car's cars lined up to watch him.  He is obsessed with the movie Cars.

Avery and Anson playing soccer with Jon as their coach.  The boys started soccer this spring, and Jon is having a good time coaching them.  It is really fun to watch them get so excited about it.

Avery's first friend party for his 5th birthday.  He is so ready to start school.  In fact, on his birthday he said, "I get to go to school tomorrow!"  I guess kids really do take things literally.  When you tell them they get to go to school when they are 5, that's exactly what they think:)

Alicia's hair cut.  My hair was so long, so I decided to donate it to Locks for Love.  It's nice to have the change in hair style.

Like father like son.  Jon and Isaac taking it easy on our chair swing in our backyard.

A big snow day here  in Virginia!  We had one Sunday where it snowed all day.  It snowed so much and was so cold.  Trees were falling over and people were losing power like crazy--including us.  We lost power for almost two days, and man was it cold.  We slept in the family room by the fire cause we were afraid of freezing upstairs in our rooms.  We really learned how much we do love and rely on electricity:)

The pictures from the park were taken one week after the big snow storm.  From temperatures in the teens one day to temperatures in the 80's just a few days later.  I have never seen such dramatic jumps in weather before.

Other highlights that are not in the pictures include:  Alicia getting her ears pierced (let's see if it lasts this time), a visit to NC to vist Paul and his family, Avery spending the night in the hospital with Asthma stuff (his oxygen levels would not go up, so they kept him over night.  I think he thought it was great--getting dad all to himself and playing games and reading stories like crazy), Isaac talking up a storm (his speech suddenly went from a few words to full sentences), Avery reading really well (we go on Thursday to register him for Kindergarten and he is so excited), Anson jumping off of anything and everything (including the top bunk in his room and landing on his face--luckily he was okay), and Joshua babbling, crawling, wrestling, climbing, and playing like crazy. 

I hope you had a wonderful Easter.  I know Christ is our Savior.  I know he atoned for us, died for us, and was resurrected so that we, too, can be resurrected and receive eternal salvation in the Celestial kingdom.  I love our Savior, Jesus Christ, and am so thankful for Him!

4 comments:

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

Your family is so cute as always! Love the hair cut and can't believe it ever got that long! Noah is totally obsessed with the movie cars too, it's the only thing that works to totally retain his attention. We sure miss you guys and are happy to see an update!

Jennie Minor said...

Love the new hair cut...looks just like mine!!! So sorry to hear about Avery being in the hospital. So scary. Love all the pics!

Jackie said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. All of those boys must be a riot. I was shocked to see how long your hair was! I love the cut too! Good for you for donating it. I think that would be a hard thing to do.

Jill said...

Hooray! So great to see how those boys have been growing! That was a great update. I can't imagine your hair that long! Holy moly. And Avery in the hospital is scary stuff! Not to mention freezing together with the power outages. Loved the post.