Welcome to the Beck Family Blog where the stories get better and better every time--that is the kids never miss a beat and are always having adventures of some sort. Come join our fun as you experience our grand adventures vicariously through our blog. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Avery's 4th Birthday

So it has been awhile since I have blogged.  My trips have gotten me out of whack.  Avery's fourth birthday was on Monday.  He had a hard time trying to decide if he wanted a friend party or just a family party.  In the end, he decided going somewhere fun as a family would be best.  He told me next year when he turns five he can have a friend party.  He is funny how hard it can be for him to make up his mind (even when it comes to choosing a treat), but I am glad he enjoys his family and likes to hang out with us.  I hope it stays that way.  We started off the day with some sparklers (which Avery was pretty excited about), we went to the Hands On Museum as a family, talked about when Avery was born for FHE, and opened presents and ate cupcakes (by request) to end the night.  His primary teachers even dropped by, delaying his bedtime and bringing another gift, so he was really excited to see them.  I think Avery had a good day.

Avery told Anson he could open one of his presents if he would be a googah for the day.  If you remember one of my other entries, Anson hates being a googah.  However, to my surprise, Anson was quick to agree to the idea.  He gladly went all day on Monday being a googah, and to my surprise once again, Avery gladly let Anson open one of his presents at the end of the day.  Avery was even excited for Anson to open a present.  They got along splendidly for most of the day.  If only Anson would be a googah every day:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! It is so fun to hear about your kids. I LOVE IT! Anyway, what a fun day for Avery. I just love your family! Katie is Kaden's Nursery Teacher. HE LOVES HER! He calls her Sister Mort. There is another lady there named Morgan. He asks (all through sacrament) for Morg and Mort. It is cute! GOOD TIMES! Your family is DARLING!

Jill said...

Yea! Happy birthday to Avery! Sounds like a fun day. We haven't been brave enough to do a friend birthday party yet. I love the family parties. I love that the primary teachers came over! What cute kids you have. I wish Joseph and Avery were still close enough to play together. I was just looking back at my old pictures of them as babies.

The Davies Family said...

Is this alicia mortenson? If it is, this is Alexis Gustin..long time eh? If not..then I've just got the wrong blog..kind of like the wrong phone number huh? haha I won't say too much just in case I'm wrong.

Jennie Minor said...

So fun! Happy (late) bday Avery! I can't believe he is already 4. I remember going up to Logan with Jill when he was born and seeing him and I still have the pic of him sucking my check! haha

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Happy birthday Avery! You have such cute & smart kids! I love that Avery would make a deal with his brother, how awesome is that!

The Davies Family said...

Good, I am so glad I did get the right Alicia..it sound like your family is doing very well..and movig soon! Where in virginia are you moving to? We have some good friends out that way..I'll give you my email address so you don't have to say on the blog. alexisadavies@yahoo.com
thanks for the encouragement about the 5K..i've been trying to do one since 2005 after my son was born..but couldn't get through shin splints and other injuries..then the triathlon was a heartbreaker..but I was happy to know I was prego..so yeah, its definitly my year